Independent Dialogue on GIs in the context of the UN Food Systems Summit 2021
oriGIn is glad to have joined forces with the FAO, Cirad and IPI Switzerland, for the organization of an Independent Dialogue on Geographical Indications on 27 May in the context of the UN Food Systems Summit 2021. We will discuss how Geographical Indications can help pursue Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in relation to food systems.
During the opening session, coordinated by our Director Massimo Vittori, the following speakers will deliver introductory remarks:
- Maurizio Martina, Assistant Director-General/Special Adviser to the Director-General, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), Italy
- Delphine Marie Vivien, Deputy Director of UMR Innovation, Cirad Montpellier, France
- Pape Tahirou Kanouté, Executive Director, Cabinet Economie-Territoires et Développement, Senegal
- Juan Esteban Orduz, President, Colombian Coffee Federation, Inc., Colombia
- Miranda Risang Ayu Palar, Ph.D., Head of Intellectual Property Centre on Regulation and Application Studies, Faculty of Law, Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia
The discussion will continue in “online rooms” around the following themes:
- GIs to support market access and fair and equitable value chains;
- GIs for quality management, traceability and consumer protection;
- GIs to preserve local natural heritage, environment and biodiversity;
- GIs to promote cultural identity, and ensure food and dietary diversity.
The Independent Dialogue opening session will be live streamed on our YouTube Channel