International Women’s Day (IWD) is a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity and women’s equality. Those issues are part of the global debate over sustainability in its social component (UN SDG 5, Gender Equality).
On March 8th and throughout next week, do not miss the opportunity to celebrate the women who – with their passion and competences – play a crucial role both within your GI value chains as well as your associations. You can do it through interviews or press releases (on social media, do not forget to use #IWD2021 #WomensWeek).
Some ideas for questions to ask:
- Tell us about a time when you were young and how you saw your future? Did you imagine you would be working as …?
- Was there anything in your childhood that might have pointed to your current career choice? How did you decide to take your chosen path? Family, studies or other? What challenges did you face along the way?
- How can we encourage women generally and young women in particular to pursue their dreams?
- How can an institution facilitate women empowerment and equal access to leadership and decision making positions?
- Would you advise your daughter to consider a future in the field of geographical indications?
We invite you to share with us information on initiatives in favor of gender equality implemented in your organization. Please write to email@example.com