#oriGIn: Help us to build one of the most complete repository of GIs related information in the world
Over the years, oriGIn has become a crucial actor in the international discussions concerning GIs. We have constantly developed concrete proposals and supported our members in the framework of:
- The major bilateral negotiations affecting GIs;
- The WTO as well as the WIPO on multilateral negotiations on GIs;
- The ICANN on the protection of GIs in Internet domain names;
- Trademark offices with respect of applications conflicting with recognized GIs;
- The reforms of GIs laws in serval jurisdictions around the world;
- The debate on the protection of non-agricultural GIs in the EU.
Meanwhile, we have constantly provided our members with fresh information on the most important developments on GIs around the world, concerning the above-mentioned issues as well as other topics, such as how to register GIs in foreign jurisdictions, GIs case law, the EU policy on the promotion of quality products, etc…
All this valuable information is now on our web page Policy and Advocacy, which makes it one of the most complete repository of GIs related information in the world. Please revise this page and help us to further improve it by sending us relevant information concerning the GIs you represent (case law related information for instance – currently under enforcement – can be definitely improved).