#GeneralAssembly: Decisions adopted and relevant documents
The 7th Statutory General Assembly of oriGIn was held in Fortaleza on 10 November 2015 with the participation of some 60 representatives of GI producers’ groups and other institutions from Brazil, Colombia, Paraguay, Peru, Mexico, China, Cameroun, Morocco, Germany, France, Italy and Switzerland.
The General Assembly adopted the following decisions:
- Reviewed the activities successfully carried out by oriGIn in the last two years and praised the outstanding work and leadership of the former President Ramón González Figueroa (see the 2014/2015 activities report);
- Approved oriGIn finances presented to the General Assembly (2013 and 2014 executions reviewed by Fiprom – an external certification body) as well as the budgets proposed for 2015 and 2016 (see Alain Farine’s presentation);
- Approved the 2016/2017 Action Plan with an amendment concerning the introduction of the topic of sustainability (see the new 2016/2017 Action Plan);
- Accepted the proposals of amendment of the internal regulation concerning the basic contributions’ membership fees (see amendments);
- Approved the establishment of an oriGIn EU Lab with an amendment concerning the funding of any future oriGIn EU office (see new mandate);
- Renewed the organization’s bodies and elected as President Ms Fatima Amehri, President of the Association marocaine de l’indication géographique d’Huile d’Argane (see the elections’ results and the press release).
All these documents, as well as the presentations delivered at the International Conference on “Geographical Indications in a Fast Changing world” and the information concerning the field visit of 12 November are available @ http://www.origin-gi.com/activities/events/item/8525-10-12-november-2015-7th-origin-general-assembly-fortaleza-brazil.html
We look forward to working with you in the next biennium.