It has been another positive year for oriGIn and GIs.
Important results were achieved in 2018, just to name a few:
- We monitored and commented GIs laws around the world;
- We raised awareness on the crucial debate concerning sustainability;
- We attracted new members from several countries;
- We campaigned for the entry into force of the Geneva Act of the Lisbon Agreement;
- We set-up a legal entity in Brussels (oriGIn EU).
Please have a quick look at our 2018:
Evolution of GIs laws around the world: oriGIn proactive in monitoring legislation and providing comments for solid GIs protection
International conferences: oriGIn @ the 2018 INTA Annual Meeting in Seattle to raise awareness on the need to protect GIs in the domain names environment
GIs & Intellectual Property: oriGIn celebrated the 2018 World Intellectual Property Day dedicated to women
We thank for your support and look forward to working with you in 2019 to tackle the major GIs challenges worldwide.
With our warmest wishes for a happy holiday season!
Claude, Massimo, Ida, Céline, Mathilde